This year was my first time doing a digital vision board. I made one because I wanted to have a reminder of my New Year’s goals to easily look at wherever I’m at. If you’re always using a computer, phone or tablet creating a digital vision board is a great, simple and fun way to keep your eyes on the prize throughout the year and here’s how in 60 minutes or less:
1. Identify Your Goals (time: 10 minutes)
It’s time to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard—or phone screen, whichever floats your boat and write down your goals. This will make it easier to find images for your vision board.
2. Find images (time: 20 minutes)
Once you finish writing down your goals, find a few images that resemble them. You can find these photos on the Internet or if you want to get creative you can take the pictures yourself. After you found your images, save them down to your computer.
3. Create the Design (time: 30 minutes)
Now, the real fun begins—designing! I recommend using BeFunky. It’s a photo editor and collage maker, which is perfect for this project. This platform is easy to use and has awesome features, such as overlays, templates, and patterns—the whole shebang! To make your collage, here’s what you have to do:
- Open BeFunky
- Click the Collage Maker tab
- Go to the Layouts icon and choose one of the preset layouts or Create Your Own.
- Select the Image Manager icon
- Hit Computer and upload your images
- To add your images into the collage, you can either drag them one-by-one or select AutoFill
- Once you’ve added your pictures to the collage, you can edit and rearrange the images; change your background color, add graphics and include text
After you have your vision board looking beautiful and amazing, save it.
Now, it’s your turn! Making a digital collage is a quick and easy way to take your goals wherever you go. You can do it while watching TV, on the phone or in class (I know you’re not paying attention to your professor the entire time). If you’re having trouble creating your vision board, comment below and I’ll help you out.